The Innovation Hub - Africa's first internationally accredited Science and Technology Park and a full member of the International Association of Science Parks (IASP) - is the leading knowledge-intensive business cluster in South Africa.
Strategically located in Pretoria, Gauteng - South Africa's executive capital and 'smart' Province - The Innovation Hub's intelligent community has become a regional centre of innovation and knowledge creation, linked to the fast moving world of global interconnectivity.
The Innovation Hub has created a unique space for high-tech entrepreneurs, world-class businesses, academics, researchers and venture capitalists to meet, network and prosper. Its value-adding business support services contribute to the growth and globalisation of technology-rich enterprises in an environment that promotes innovation and enhances competitiveness for knowledge-based businesses. Read More...
Vision of TIHMC
“To be the focal agency responsible for catalysing innovative solutions to the social and economic challenges of Gauteng.”
Strategic application of resources must be directed towards achieving the provision of a spectrum of physical and non-physical systems, platforms and associated programs which support organisations in exploiting their innovative and entrepreneurial ambitions, conducive to such innovation.
Mission of TIHMC
The Innovation Hub's mission is to promote the socio-economic development and competitiveness of Gauteng through innovation by:
- creating new business opportunities and adding value to mature companies in high-tech sectors;
- fostering entrepreneurship and incubating new innovative companies;
- generating knowledge-based companies and jobs;
- building attractive spaces for emerging knowledge workers;
- enhancing the synergy between industry, government, academic and research institutions.
It is thus the strategic intent of TIHMC through innovation, to increase Gauteng’s economic growth and global competitiveness by providing attractive physical and virtual spaces for nurturing innovation and fostering a culture of innovation and entrepreneurship.
Values of TIHMC
In working towards the achievement of the mandate and vision set out above, TIHMC subscribes to the following internal values:
- Innovation - Smart approach to complex challenges,
- Integrity - Transparent, honest, dependable interactions and decision making,
- Teamwork/partnerships - Collaboration to deliver results,
- Entrepreneurial spirit - Agile, dynamic, innovative problem-solving,
- Value Creation – Value-add mindset and responsiveness to create benefit.
The Innovation Hub Strategy
TIHMC Strategy 2010 – 2014 focuses on the optimisation and enhancement of the Science and Technology Park business model in order to enhance its contribution towards achieving the goals, set out primarily in the Gauteng Growth and Development Strategy, Gauteng Green Economy Strategy as well as the Gauteng Innovation Strategy. In order to fast-track the full development of the science and technology park there is a need to ensure that facilities management and infrastructure development are effectively managed not as an isolated business but in support of catalysing and driving innovation. Read More...