Conference Venue Locations
The Conference Venue at The Innovation Hub is situated on a unique 60 ha high-tech precinct in the eastern suburbs of Pretoria, Gauteng - the executive capital set within South Africa's economic heartland. The Hub's location at a junction of major freeways provides easy access to both the Johannesburg International Airport and the Johannesburg and Pretoria city centres. The venue is conveniently positioned for freeway, air and rail networks that connect Gauteng to the rest of the country and the world.
Only minutes from some of the finest in entertainment, retail and accommodation destinations that Pretoria has to offer, the Hub is a quick commute to historical sites and buildings as well as exciting tourist and cultural attractions.
Head north from Johannesburg to Pretoria and you will find The Innovation Hub Conference Venue, nestled in a unique business precinct where tomorrow is taking shape today.
- Generates more than 38% of the nation's economic activity
- Represents 70% of the total employment in the country
- Gauteng industries induce the highest demand for IT and electronic expertise in Africa
- Currently employs over 80% of knowledge workers in South Africa
- Attracts 40% of all university enrolments, 40% of science graduates and 44% of all engineering graduates
- Hosts the largest concentration of research activities in the country.
- Vibrant, modern treed city with over 1,6 million people
- Voted as best place to live in South Africa
- 1st world infrastructure that supports government and education, health, commerce, research and public services
- Numerous tourist attractions
- Admired for its scenic beauty
- Well connected by air, rail and roads to major airports, shipping ports and tourist destinations
Places to stay
The Conference Venue is surrounded by a number of guest houses and short distances, within a 5 - 10 km radius, away from excellent hotel accommodation in and around the city centre. Special rates for Conference Venue users apply at City Lodge Lynnwood and Casa Toscana Lodge please contact us for the latest rates.
The eastern suburbs of Pretoria offer visitors unique shopping experiences at a number of world-class shopping complexes. These spacious malls are ideal for browsing, eating out, shopping or relaxing over a cup of coffee. They offer a variety of restaurants, from the casual to the elegantly formal, while a plethora of shops carry local and internationally branded merchandise, such as fashion and accessories, jewellery, books, oriental carpets, arts, crafts and curios.
The Conference Venue is only about half an hour's drive from the Johannesburg International Airport, South Africa's major air terminal serving more than 30 000 travellers daily. Airport-approved operators and hotel courtesy services provide taxi, bus and shuttle services between Pretoria and the airport. Transport options in Pretoria include taxi, bus, car rental and limousine chauffeur services. The road infrastructure is sound with clear signage. Event planners could arrange with hotels to provide a shuttle service to and from the Conference Venue.